Why is it?
Here are a few questions to think about. So few people think because of the convenience of not thinking. We become the products of our own thinking. No thinking, not much of a life. Our thinking determines where we end up in life. When we improve the quality of our thinking we improve our lives.
1. Service and sacrifice. Why most people want to be entertained and comforted instead of sacrificing and serving for the betterment of our communities?
2. Responsibility. Isn’t time to have a statue of responsibility to go along with the statue of liberty?
3. Friendships. Why we talk about friends so much in social media yet the average person has less true friends now than a decade ago?
4. Leadership. Why there is so much talk about leadership yet leaders are so rare in America?
5. Christianity. Why there is so much talk about Christianity yet so few true Christians in the world?
6. Finances. Why there is so much information about personal finance yet America and most Americans are financially broke?
7. Education. Why do we spend the most in the world on health and education yet we are lagging behind the developed world in health and education?
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy