Money and Relationships
Most people struggle in these two fundamental areas of life: money and relationships.
Can you imagine a life with plenty of free time and money along with great relationships?
How come only a small minority of people live such lives?
What is the secret to a wise way of living?
Today we shed some light into what has been no secret for thousands of years. Let’s look at what is missing from most people’s lives and what to do about it:
1. People don’t lack intelligence, they lack will. Motivation comes from the will to succeed. The lack of will can come from a variety of sources: poor self-talk, poor attitude, lack of hunger, lack of discipline, lack of focus, lack of vision, lack of character, etc. Intelligence is no predictor of success, will is.
2. People lack guidance from a coach. Get a coach and follow the advice. When the student is ready the teacher will appear. If Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan have coaches who are we not to have one? They got to where they are because of following the advice of great coaches and doing what they suggested.
3. Lack of purpose. Define what you want out of your life. The lack of will comes from the lack of purpose. Define your dreams and goals. Your purpose is found in the intersection of your passion, your potential, and your profit. Own and chase your dreams instead of being part of someone else’s dreams.
4. People’s lather is leaning against the wrong wall. Master the right profession. Wrong vehicle, laziness, distractions, and comfort. Find the right lather to climb and do the work. Develop marketable skills. Invest in yourself all that you can.
5. Lack of keeping score. Choose to live reality instead of an illusion. Why many people keep score for someone else and not for themselves? Face the scoreboard and make adjustments to get back on course.
6. Lack of control in personal finances. Get control of personal finances. Make more than you spend. Spend less than you make. Simple, yet how many people live by these simple rules of money? Understand money and use the right money management tools.
7. Train wreck in relationships. Take ownership for your relationships. Understand what builds trust in relationships and use the right tools to keep them tight.
What is plaguing you? Be accountable to yourself. Start fixing one thing at a time. In a few years you will be living the life you always wanted. Don’t look at others for comparison, look at your own self.
You are free to share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)