Myth and Reality
1. The self-made man and the born leader are myths. We were all created to help each other out.
2. The self-centered corporate cowboys only get short term results by fear and intimidation. Dictators abuse their positional powers so in the long run they disappear in anonymity just like a strong bull.
3. Great leaders persuade others in worthy endeavors to make the journey easier and more fun. People crave to be valued and appreciated.
4. A high in life occurs when one decides in what to excel, what cause to pursue. A purposeful cause is a powerful force.
5. Leadership is having others following you because you make them feel better about themselves. Give permission for people to love what they do.
6. Our true level of education is determined by our decision and actions. Decisions compound over time.
7. Excellence can only be achieved by constantly attacking what ails the status quo. We are all either going forward or backwards; there is no standing still. It takes deliberate action to go forward; it takes doing nothing to go backwards.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy