How to define success
WHAT IS SUCCESS TO YOU? To me success is the freedom to be who I am.
1) Define success. Mark today as the day you made the commitment to change your life for better. What makes you live a fulfilling life? Never live another day without a goal directed to fulfill your dream.
2) Write it down. Take the time necessary to write down your definition of success; keep it visible. If it is not written, it does not exist.
3) Pursue it. No matter your definition and ultimate goal in life, pursue it with passion and determination. Persist all the way to the end.
4) Protect it. Stay away from people who aspire nothing more than going through a day’s work then surfing sports channels before passing out on the couch. Be aware of dream robbers.
5) How bad do you want it? If your heart truly desires success you will achieve it. When you want success as much as wanting air to breathe you will have it.
6) Add the passion. Prepare and pursue success with un-matched passion. Life without passion is simply a boring life.
7) Make a difference. The world will be a better place because you desired, defined, pursued, and persisted until your success became your reality. You can do it. You can make a difference.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy