Launching a Prosperity Revolution
The best time for prosperity is during hard economic times! Contrary to human nature? Yes, Don’t blame the quarter outlook syndrome! How about some long term perspective? Entrepreneurs are contrarians by nature. It is like getting out of a stalled flying plane. The normal thing to do is to do more of what is not working; pulling the throttle is a sure way to die. The right thing to do is to tip the nose of the plane down to get speed then to turn the plane up again. This are times to do not the same, to do the uncommon things to get uncommon results. These are times to get set up for accomplishing things that truly make a difference and make history. What follows are things all of us can and must do to make a difference in a stalled economy. Imagine if we all did a little the impact it would have in America! We could even call it a revolution!
1) Do the inside job first. Work on self above all else. We can only change ourselves not others. By changing ourselves we can influence others to change. Example is not the main thing; it is the only thing we can do to make a lasting difference. Words and talk are cheap, the right actions and results are costly but the rewards are worth it.
2) Have an entrepreneurial mind. True entrepreneurs have initiative, ingenuity, imagination, tenacity. Define what success is to you. Opposite of success is not failure; it is quitting. If you don’t have the courage to be an entrepreneur, then at least have courage to be an intrapreneur!
3) Think and act unconventionally. Get information from the correct sources. How about doing a fruit check? Make sure the information is coming from those that have results. The world has plenty of people full of knowledge with little results. Correct knowledge applied gives results. A string of results revolutionizes the world in around us.
4) Have the hunger to chase your dreams. Hunger is the gap between your current reality and your vision. No vision, no hunger; no hunger, no vision! If your energy is not being channeled towards your vision, then it is time to hit the books.
5) We all need the motivation and the inspiration. Motivation comes from the inside of us. Inspiration comes from the outside, from our associations, our mentors and coaches. Look inside you for motivation. People and businesses waste billions of dollars trying to get motivated when all they have to do is to do an honest self-evaluation and they will find the areas they need to get better.
6) Fallow a proven path. If what you have been doing is not working, perhaps is reversing the process of what you have been doing. Why not doing a reality check? If I don’t have the results I want, it may be time to stop listening to myself! Define what you want first. Go learn from those that have what you want second, and then learn what they did to succeed and do what they did. Simple, yet the majority of people do the process in reverse. Old thinking is to go get training, start doing, learning on the job, and then their jobs define their life and their lifestyle.
7) Get better and better each day. A productive loop includes planning, doing, checking, and adjusting. Failing to plan is planning to fail. The right plans lead to the right actions. Check the results on the scoreboard. Have the courage to seek feedback. Make adjustments to go towards the targets.
There are the revolutions with bullets and the ones with books. Which one would you rather have? History shows that the current government method of taking from those that have earned and simply giving to those that haven not, calling it fairness or restitution, is a scarcity mentality that can end in a war with real bullets flying. The choice is always ours to make. A government is a reflection of its people. Time to elect the one that will launch the right prosperity revolution.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)