The Game of Life
We can win the game of life as long as we understand the game and play by the rules. Here are 7 nuggets on the most important game we play.
1. The defense. Take full responsibility for your life. We only get one chance to fully live. Learn how to respond to all that happens to you. Fight evil with good. We cannot win the game by only playing defense.
2. The offense. Take action. Get going. Figure out what compels you to get in motion. We are either moved by our dreams or our dreads. Take offense without being offensive.
3. The rules. The lessons are repeated until lessons are learned. Learn and apply, apply and learn. Always have an accurate assessment of yourself. Only compare yourself with you. If we are not getting better we are going backwards.
4. Proper thinking. We become what we think. Learn to think like the great minds do. Learn to use the mind, especially the subconscious mind.
5. Relationships. Go beyond communication; learn how to connect with others to build lasting relationships fueled by trust. Our value is determined by the number of relationships multiplied by itself (V=N*N).
6. The scorecard. We can only improve what we can measure. Focus on the few important things and ignore the many irrelevant things. Focus on improving what is in your sphere of influence and control.
7. Legacy. A great life is lived by design. You can design your life independent of your circumstances. What will you be remembered by? Are you living life or is life leaving you?
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy