Choose to respond
1. Freedom is lost when we succumb to our passing desires for things that aren’t in our control.
2. Freedom comes from accepting the limits of our own power and the natural limits set in place by divine providence.
3. Live by principles (response) rather than by raw impulses (reaction).
4. Avoid adopting other people’s negative views. We have our own to deal with.
5. Other people’s views and troubles can be contagious. Maintain the proper distance.
6. The divine will has assigned us our roles in life without our consent. Play to the best of your abilities.
7. Our business is to act our given role in life as best as we can. Refrain from complaining about the cards you were dealt with.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy