The Ripple Effect!
How many people live better lives because of helped them?
1. The smallest of actions can have the greatest of effects like ripples in a pond. Are you succeeding in something that matters? Be afraid of succeeding at something that does not matter. If we are to work hard why not work at something that matters?
2. What is the meaning behind your actions? Are you allowing yourself time to think the right thoughts before you act? Often people say they are busy, what they are really saying is that they do not have time for you. They mean you are not important to them. Effective people always find time to do the right things. They always have time for what is really important to them. Why do you think that is?
3. Imagine buying someone life’s experience for the price of a meal? When we buy a great book we are in fact buying someone’s life experiences for a small sum. Learn from others and become fascinated with seeing people learn and grow from reading great books. What great books have you read in the last 30 days?
4. Great books change lives. Don't just read great books, study them, write on them, and apply the principles you learn from them. Simple books are sometimes the greatest treasures. How good is it to read a 500-page books if you cannot remember what you read or cannot apply what you learned? Do the books you read feed your illusions or your realities?
5. A great life is the sum of the little moments that occupy our memory banks forever. What memories have you collected last month? Be diligent about where your time goes. Time is not equal money. Time is much more valuable than money. Why not invest time instead of spending time?
6. Find your blind spots and shed light on them. Dig it deep inside you. Always put people over tasks. Be the biggest encourager for the people you associate with. Be a lifter for others like an elevator going up full and comes down empty; there is enough people in this world to bring them down. What is at the center of your life? Why do you do what you do?
7. Live a life of significance instead of just making a living. It’s easier to make money than to make a difference in the lives of others. Choose to make a difference. What are you doing with the resources and talents that have been entrusted to you?
You can be part of the leadership revolution by sharing these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)