The Secret Garden
Imagine your soul as a garden. The Bible is the gardener’s owner manual. You choose what you want to grow; virtues are the flowers. Your sins are those devilish weeds. Your prayers are like gentle rains on a calm night. Sacraments are the sunlight providing energy for healthy growth. Why not become a master gardener?
1. The secrets of life are only revealed to those who pursue them. Are you pursuing your dreams and goals with passion and enthusiasm? Today is the day to start living a new life for the rest of your days. Want to triple the days left in your life? Take three naps a day!
2. The life you live is based on the amount of value you place on wisdom. Wisdom comes from the application of knowledge. Intelligence is no predictor of success. It takes courage to take action to move in the direction of our dreams. The future always belongs to the courageous.
3. Your life is transformed when God becomes your partner. He owns it all anyway. Decide the life you want to live. Partner with Him and do your part. Pray like it depends on God, work like it depends on you!
4. Joy is sure to be yours when you see God everywhere you look. Start looking! Those who seek will find it. Start digging in your own backyard! The greatest treasures are usually right in front of us. The problem is we cannot see them due to the many color lenses we are looking through.
5. The problem is not the lack of knowledge. The problem is the lack of application of knowledge. This is the reason why there are so many smart people without results. Will you do something so the world can benefit from your smarts?
6. Your decisions determine your destiny. Decisions compound over time either on the positive or the negative. Making mistakes is human; repeating the same mistakes over and over is stupidity. The lesson is repeated until the lesson is learned. When the student is ready the teacher will appear! Are you ready to be a student again? Going to the school of LIFE in the second half of life is play joy.
7. To know and not act is like preparing the field and not planting it. Knowledge without actions leads to a wasted life. Will you do something with the life you have been given? Is what you are doing now going to get all your goals and dreams?
You can be part of the needed leadership revolution by sharing these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)