Leadership Revolution Need
We have all read the old Cherokee tale called The Tale of Two Wolves. It goes like this.
One evening an old Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, ‘My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.’ The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ‘Which wolf wins?’ The old Cherokee simply replied, ‘The one you feed.’
I believe America’s best days are ahead because America is still good. The common man needs to feed the good wolf, stand up and lead. Here are today’s nuggets for us to think about.
1. Did you ever think the government would end up teaching its values to our children? When parents relinquish the rights to educate their children the government will gladly step in. Now the government wants to care for our health too. We either take responsibility for ourselves or the government will gladly take over. Freedoms are being lost daily! How do you feel about that?
2. Has the time come for us to stand up and lead? Are you ready? If you still want to remain free the time to act is now.
3. We are either working to achieve our dreams or somebody else’s. Most people on this earth don’t have a simple written plan for their lives; is it any wonder why life does not reward them? Which plan do you prefer?
4. True teamwork is rarely found in organizations. In any organization, individuals not teams or committees are the ones that think, decide, act, and create the desired change. Navy seals are the ones where teamwork is still alive.
5. Start changing your thinking by feeding your brain with new information. If you want things to change in your life something has to change. Most of what we have been fed is not to our best interest. Time to feed the good wolf? Are you awake yet?
6. The new economy requires new leaders and followers living the same proven principles that build great organizations. Why are the rules for leaders and followers different in most organizations? Shouldn't the rules be the same?
7. The era of positional leadership is gone. If you are too big to follow you are too small to lead. Are you willing to strike out and lead? If you are, then there is a great future ahead for you.
The evil wolf is disguised. Be on the watch. Don’t fall prey to the big evil wolf.
You can be part of the needed leadership revolution by sharing these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)