1. Find time to be with Silence and solitude. They are your best teachers.
2. Want to be wise? Know yourself first then you will know others.
3. Love people. Treat people close to you the same as you treat strangers. Treat them every day as if today was their last day and one day you will be right.
4. Never take counsel from your fears or your critics. Always take counsel from your faith and your mentors. Criticism is something that comes to people attempting to do big things.
5. Want to be young forever? Always look forward to the day you are truly living your dreams.
6. Pray and contemplate. The fruits of silent prayers and contemplation are: peace, joy, and happiness.
7. Be a great follower. Pray and God will lead you; follow and God will reward you. Learn to discover where your gifts come from! Give that gift to others.
Be part of the leadership revolution by sharing these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)