Loyalty in times of lip service and pink slips.
Defy what they are doing and you can get loyalty.
1. Have character. No one is born with character. Like many other qualities of a leader, character is learned.
2. Be humble. Stay humble and keep swinging, eventually you will get your home run. Keep thinking “I am getting better and better.”
3. Have the right thinking. Always think win/win or no deal. Find situations where both can win.
4. Change lives. Go for customer loyalty not satisfaction. When you help others change their lives they will pay you back with loyalty.
5. Be different. You can’t make a difference by being the same, only by being different. Pay no attention to the critics. Your biggest critics may join you later. They may show up at the finish line!
6. Serve. You can only change lives by forgetting yourself and serving others. Happiness can only be found by serving others.
7. Persist. Persistence is the breakfast of champions. Endure to the end. It does not matter how you start, it only matters how you finish. We all stink when we start anything.
Be part of the leadership revolution by sharing these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)