1. Freedom matters. Freedom matters the most when it is about to be lost. We are getting close, really close. Never forget that freedom is never free; there is always a price worth paying for.
2. Let’s fight to preserve our freedoms. Are we just going to be spectators or are we going to fight to preserve our precious freedoms? Now is not the time to be bystanders, it is the time to engage and fight for your freedom.
3. Take responsibility. Let’s accept responsibility for responding to the problems in our lives. Complaining does not help the cause. Blaming does not help either. Do more wherever you are.
4. Nurture your soul. Invest in feeding your precious immortal soul. Our soul is the only part of us that will remain for eternity.
5. Find and develop potential. Are you going to allow your enormous human potential to go by relatively unexplored? Help others see the greatness in them. Let’s create a “potential rush” for the next generations.
6. Experience joy. Joy is one of the fruits of the tree of blessings. How well are you taking care of your tree of blessings? Are you watering and fertilizing it. Feed and free your golden goose so it can produce the golden eggs.
7. Self-discover. After traveling in 22 countries, for 28 years, in four continents, I discovered that people are more alike than different. Find common ground to walk on together first. Then you can explore the territories wherever your life takes you.
Why don’t we focus on our similarities and on what is right with us, instead of our differences and what is wrong with us?
It is time to focus on positive instead of negative, focus on success instead of failure; focus on what is right instead of what is wrong, focus on taking responsibility instead of placing blame.
Be part of the leadership revolution by sharing these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)