Something for Nothing
Are you expecting something for nothing like many people out there?
You can be the creator of your own destiny, not someone else's.
Are you running your life or is someone else doing it for you?
Be aware of the broken man that offers you an opportunity to be rich. Does he have fruit on his tree? A broken government can full its people for a just a few years. Can you imagine your own government lying to you?
1. Dishonest government is worth nothing at all. Is your future dependent on a dishonest government? If so, you are up to a big disappointment at some point in your life. And that point is approaching.
2. The more attention you pay to a behavior, be it good or bad, the more it will be repeated. What are you paying attention to and what are you ignoring?
3. We are all authors of our own miseries or our own happiness. Are you authoring, sharing with others, your miseries or your greatness?
4. True friendships and trusted relationships are the most valuable assets we can have. Are you building assets to generate value for eternity?
5. In a true friendship two individuals share the same soul. Are you willing to open up your soul to create a space for someone else’s trust?
6. True meaning in life comes from a relationship with our Creator. There is a space inside all of us that can only be filled by God. Is God at the center of your life? If not, you are eventually going for a crash.
7. Many Americans will soon discover that less is actually more. One of the paradoxes of life is that we only get to keep what we give away. Are you willing to give what matters most to you?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)