Are you responding or reacting to what matters most in life? It is not important what happens to us, what matters is how we respond to what happens to us. Can you raise yourself above all your circumstances and be able to respond instead of reacting? What makes us humans, different from animals, is our ability to respond instead of reacting. Between stimulus and response we always have the freedom to choose; choose to respond and not to react. Take a deep breath for a few second and use your brain for a change.
Greatness has to be intentional and it comes from a constant attack on the status quo. If we don’t know what we want in life we will get it with amazing precision.
1. Time. Time is not equal money. Time is the most valuable asset we have. Are you spending time or investing time?
2. Money. Money is not the most important thing in life; it comes next to oxygen and time as the most important thing we have. Money is a great slave and the worst master. Is money your master or your slave?
3. Health. Take care of your physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental health. How important is to have all else in life if we don’t have health?
4. Relationships. The only true asset we have is high trust relationships. Are you taking the time to develop those relationships?
5. Personal growth. Aging comes naturally; personal growth and maturity is optional. What are you doing to learn and grow on a daily basis?
6. Service. Service is the only path to happiness and the privilege of the great. Who are you serving?
7. Giving. We only get to keep what we give. Are you a giver or a taker?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)