Mind that Target
Are we chasing dreams and goals or chasing generalities?
1. We can never achieve a dream, a goal, a target we don’t have. Is your dream burned or buried in your brain?
2. Much of what is true and valuable has been obscured by falsity and misconception. Could that be why we chase generalities instead of real dreams and goals?
3. Human fulfillment requires an examined life. Thinking is hard; could that be why so few people really do it?
4. Virtuous living is always rewarded at the end. Can you delay gratification all the way to the end?
5. True pleasure is disciplined and restrained. Are your pleasures turning into addictions?
6. Assume responsibility for your own errors. How can one solve any problem without taking responsibility for solving it?
7. Be prepared to accept the consequences of your errors. Can you accept the consequences of your actions without whining and complaining?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)