Quitting is a permanent solution to a temporary problem - Chris Brady
We are all tempted to quit every single great endeavor we start. I was tempted to quit every endeavor I succeeded. The best example was finishing my graduate degrees within four years. Every time things got tough I thought of quitting but the thoughts of living with regrets would shift my thinking and focus back on finishing the journey. The main lesson I learned was never making major decisions when going through the valleys of life.
Here are 7 ways to self-talk you to quit quitting and start finishing:
1) Yes, I can do it. If others have done it so can I. If others have not done, I will be the first one to do it.
2) Never listen to quitters; listen to those with results from finishing their race. Quitters can only puke on you the pain of their regrets.
3) Develop long term thinking and picture clearly crossing the finish line.
4) Only care about the opinion of those you respect and trust.
5) Keep on swinging and shooting. Perfect practice is what makes it perfect. You got to be bad first, before you get good at anything.
6) Swallow the pride and overcome negativity. You will be ridiculed and laughed at when you attempt to do the unconventional and the uncommon.
7) Develop that sense of wonder, the “what if.” Foster the excitement of what it means to you achieving the most important thing in your life.
Be a finisher in a world of starters.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)