Those who take the time to reflect become wise.
No better day to reflect than today, Holy Saturday.
No matter what religion you belong, we can all learn from reflecting on the life of Jesus Christ. His life, death and resurrection left a wealth of teachings for us to reflect on. As a kid I remember the Easter week being a time of reflection. I remember vividly one time taking a walk around the farm and thinking about why people would kill people. Negative thoughts would come along positive thoughts. I remember fighting negatives thoughts early on in my life. I also remember having such peaceful moments after reflection. Later in life I always reflection of the many mistakes I made throughout my over 50 years of living. Every time I came out with a few things I could do differently to learn, grow and live a better life. Reflection is a lost art in the fast paced world we live in today. Take a few minutes today to reflect on the life and death of Christ. You will undoubtedly learn a few things that can help you live a more meaningful life.
What can reflection do for you?
1. Reflection gives a full perspective on our actions, behavior and life.
2. Reflection gives us focus on the areas we need to improve.
3. Reflection gives us a better foundation, a stronger platform for the future.
4. Reflection is an action that helps us to take better actions in all we do.
5. Reflection helps us to learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of others.
6. Reflection allows us to realize the good and courageous things we have already done in life.
7. Reflection gives us the strength to go on and live a better life, a life modeled after Christ.
Have the courage to reflect a few minutes today, every day, and you will develop the habit of reflection. No better time to pick this habit up. We all need it, the world needs it more than ever. Reflection is truly PRICELESS. In my book you will find 22 simple, yet powerful stories of reflection that will help you reflect on your life and realize you too have stories worth reflecting and sharing with others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)