Leadership is powerful.
Leadership is influence. Leaders master the art and science of leadership. We all contain in ourselves the capacity to lead. Leadership cannot be taught; leadership is learned. Leaders are made, not born because leaders grow out of, and shaped from their experiences. Leaders continue to learn from their experiences until the day they die. Becoming a leader is not easy, but it is a worthwhile endeavor. Leadership is difficult to master because it deals with people; and as you know people can be ... complicated. Great leaders inspire others to learn the concepts and to apply what they learn in their day to day lives.
Expect to see a sequential series of daily nuggets on leadership. Here is the first set:
1. Leaders engage others and create shared meaning.
2. Leaders have and use their distinctive voice.
3. Leaders have character (integrity and courage).
4. Leaders have a long term vision and a cause.
5. Leaders have adaptive capacity to identify, create and seize opportunities.
6. Leaders create community leveraging the power of compounding where potential leaders are encouraged to grow.
7. Leaders have the ability to express themselves fully and freely.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)