THE POWER OF LEADERSHIP – VIII
The 7Cs of leadership are character, credibility, competence, consistency, conviction, courage, and communication!
If we put the 7Cs in a pot and cooked them together we end up with the most precious thing about leadership, culture. Leaders create the culture and the culture builds organizations and businesses. A great culture is difficult to build and perhaps just as difficult to copy. The price is well worth to pay for the rewards are immense.
Great leaders exhibit all these 7 traits, built through self-mastery of multiple skills necessary for each trait.
1. Leaders know that the path to significance is mastery of their character through unrelenting practice; perfect practice makes perfect.
2. Leaders know that it takes conviction to lead from the front where the scenery is always changing.
3. Leaders always have appetite for knowledge and experience to increase their ability to communicate what matters most.
4. Leaders know how to engage their followers in the same dance to build competence so both learn.
5. Leaders know that courage is found between faith and doubt.
6. Leaders know that leadership is first about consistently being, and then about doing what is right, fair, and just.
7. Leaders know that great character is built during crisis, often the crucible that shapes them.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)