If you are not reaching altitude, check your attitude.
Courage sometimes skips a generation; let’s not allow it to be our generation!
1. Take responsibility for your own thinking. Focus on the positive. See the sunny side of life. See the glass half full instead of half empty. Turn the positive voice up. Have the courage to act like a leader.
2. Talk to your conscious mind covertly. Act enthusiastically. Fire up your neurons; have excitement on fire and knowledge on ice. Act like you will not be denied of your dreams.
3. Stop listening to yourself and start talking to yourself. Pattern-interrupt your thinking. Dream-build all the time. Take a mental shower as often as needed. Stretch your thinking.
4. Get rid of that civil war in your brain. Harmonize your thinking. Focus on what is important next. See a mile go a mile; set stepping stone goals that are dated and attach dreams to them.
5. Put all your allied faculties together. Create that cognitive resonance as you hum along your dreams. Success is only available to those who change and grow.
6. Dream big and long. Affirm yourself that you are indeed going to the land of your dreams. We only get what we think we can. We only get what we picture.
7. Prepare and your chance will come. You can reach the mountain top to get that magnificent view. Your life only becomes better when you do.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)