What is the difference between success and significance?
There are as many definitions for success as there are people who define success. There is a lot of breadth to success. What does success mean to you? What does success look like to you?
There is more depth than breadth to significance. We determine our level of success; others determine our level of significance to them. The road to success is paved with failures; the road to significance is paved with success, hardship and pain. What level of significance would you like to have?
1. Success is being recognized as a winner; significance is being recognized by winners.
2. Success is rising above circumstances; significance is raising others above their circumstances.
3. Success comes from leveraging tangibles assets; significance comes from sharing intangible assets.
4. Success comes from effectively doing what is required; significance comes from excelling in doing over and above what is required.
5. Success comes from study and practice in a field of endeavor; significance comes from self-mastery of skills and abilities.
6. Success comes from perseverance to get experience; significance comes from being a dealer of hope and love.
7. Success is having enthusiasm and self-confidence; significance is having passion and generosity for others.
8. Bonus - success comes from using our conscious and subconscious minds; significance comes from using our super conscious mind.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)