There is a price for greatness, why not pay for it?
We all have to work hard so we might as well work on something that matters. Why succeed at something that doesn't matter? Be demanding of yourself early in the game of life so when opportunity knocks at your door you can recognize and be ready for it.
1. Greatness can only be achieved when we feel good about ourselves. You can achieve greatness. Don’t settle for less. Be aware that the world will condition you to believe that your dreams are out of reach; don’t by that hogwash!
2. Focus on growing your strengths and shrinking your weaknesses. Develop a strong work ethic and shy away from the underachiever mentality of making excuses.
3. Create your fortune with your own effort. Be prepared and wait your turn; be ready when your time comes.
4. The older we get the more we get set in our ways. Be aware of such trap, be terrified of being trapped. A big trap now is to believe that benefits, pension and social security will be enough to live a comfortable life in our golden age. Companies change the rules and the government has no gold.
5. Be the one to deliver the high performance. Be the one to raise the performance of those around you. Be the one to make people around you better.
6. Develop a high degree of caring for those around you. Chase significance for the team you are part of. Continue to provide value until the day you die.
7. There is no age to be successful. Be focused on transforming your life and the life of those around you will be transformed.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)