Leadership is a personal choice. Why then are we being so selfish?
Leadership is about constantly re-evaluating our assumptions. Leadership is all about taking charge of learning from our own life experiences. Failing to do our duty is failing to be a leader, failing to open the new frontiers of progress for others. America lost its edge because we forgot who we are and what made us the greatest nation in the world. The fabric of America was ruptured from within. It is going to take a group of courageous people, a group of rascals to rescue our nation from the brink of a bloody revolution. A crisis can be a good thing as it brings with it the opportunity for us to discover who we are and rescue ourselves. I truly believe that America's best days are ahead of us and they will come after we go through some testing times. Leadership is about discovering who we are then mastering skills and abilities to lead others to discover themselves.
1. Leadership is taking responsibility for solving our most pressing problems, the problems that haunt us.
2. Leadership is about curing the five major diseases of our time; excuses, procrastination, distractions, short term thinking, and instant gratification.
3. Leadership is about mastering context. Mastering context involves surrendering to a guiding vision, listening to the quiet inner voice, expressing oneself, and learning from mentors.
4. Leadership is about passion in action for the promises of a great life to come.
5. Leadership is about consistently communicating hope and inspiration with others.
6. Leadership is about integrity, candor, and maturity while serving as an example to others.
7. Leadership is about character in motion, curiosity, and courage.
Leadership is all about daring to be different to make a difference.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)