1. Can you lead? Leadership is open to anyone who wants to live a significant life. True leadership is the most valued profession in the world. Not everyone has the integrity and courage to lead. Great leaders know extremely well who they are. Most people who called themselves leaders are not leaders; they are positional managers or bosses.
2. What do you look for in people? Look for people with a good attitude and hunger and then help them acquire the other skills. Hire hunger and attitude and the other qualities will come.
3. Why look for shortcuts? Hard work comes before smart work and not the other way around. There are no shortcuts to success. Pay the bargain price and do the work.
4. Where is happiness? Happiness can never be found on the opposite side of success. Happiness is found during the journey to success. The climax comes when you are at the last stretch, just before you cross the line.
5. Why being positive works? People that learned to be positive apply their intelligence, creativity, and energy more than negative people.
6. Can you learn how to be positive? Positivity is a learned skill. Read yesterday’s 7 Daily Nuggets.
7. Can you picture yourself? You cannot see the picture you are in. Only others can see in you what you cannot see for yourself.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)