How can I be positive in a negative world? Do the following daily, for 30 days, and watch what happens! You can do it in less than 7 minutes.
1. Take a walk. Go for a short walk anywhere, inside or outside. Take deep breaths through your nose.
2. Do the counting. Think of 7 things you are grateful for, I am ok if you don’t include “reading the 7 daily nuggets J”
3. Reflect. Think of a positive experience you had in the last 24 hours, like expressing appreciation for someone who helped you.
4. Go natural. Stop and look for a few seconds at something beautiful from nature, like the branches of a tree just before growth starts in hte spring.
5. Be random. Do a random act of kindness for someone who cannot repay you, like leaving chocolate on a co-worker desk.
6. Look up. Look up at the sky, take a deep breath and be thankful for the free air you just used.
7. Do something. Say “today is a great day and I will do something that creates a memory.” Then, just do it!
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)