1. Mind your business not your busyness. Have you ever asked yourself why you are so busy? What are you so busy about? Could the answer be you do not really know where you are going? Busy people rarely know the core reasons they are so busy. Could they already be there and just running in circles?
2. Discover and live your purpose. What is your mission and purpose in life? Do you have a vision to accomplish your mission and purpose in life? Examine your life!
3. Live a great life. Those that lived great lives concluded that life is all about reflection, love and legacy. Life is truly PRICELESS. What are you going to be remembered by?
4. Surrender. We must surrender who we are to become who we want to be. We cannot take our grubby old selves into a bright new future. Change is required for any achiever. Embrace change and take fast and furious charge to become who you were born to be.
5. Turn dreams into goals. Dreams remain fantasies until they are broken down and turned into goals. Achievable goals have a game plan and a process to go about achieving them.
6. Do the work. We must wear and tear the rubber on the road. We must be willing to look bad if we are to get good. Practice does not make it perfect, deliberate practice does. Luck is a lie. Luck is never part of anyone’s long term success. Success is always found on the other side of inconvenience.
7. Perfect practice. Practice deliberately. Be intentional. Practice while others get entertained, dream while others complain, and endure while others give up. Work and study so that when your moment comes you are ready. A genius has to repeat a task 50 times before really knowing it; the average person, 200 times; and me likely 1,000s of times! How many shots have Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods taken? No wonder they are so great at their crafts.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)