Act like it!
1. Be the example. We must work on becoming a person others want to be around. What kind of example would you like to be?
2. Change you first. Ask, if other people could change me, what would they change about me? What would they like to see in me? Then go on and change into that kind of you.
3. Be likable. People tend to believe in you if they like you. Why are you likable?
4. Act like it. If our true friends could change the way we act and talk, they would; unfortunately it is up to us to change. Do you have the courage to change? Could you be stopping you from getting where you want to go? Get out of your own way. Ouch!
5. Make new mistakes. When we reflect on our worst times they can become our best times. Why keep going on in life repeating the same mistakes while there are so many new mistakes to be made?
6. Take action. Work on the above and you will have an incredible future ahead of you. Work on you before working on anything else. If changing ourselves is hard, imagine changing others? Be known for your actions.
7. Success leaves clues. What are the clues others can find about your success journey? Show your tail lights.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)