Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rational Lies

Rational Lies

You know your future is greater than your past when you have felt deep pain, been hungry, been rejected, been unfairly accused, been humiliated and you keep on loving the unlovable.

Nothing great can be accomplished by being of the world. We must go against the grain to do something significant.

Be careful with rationalizations. When we rationalize things we tell ourselves rational lies. Here are a few of them:

1.      Reading.I don’t have time to read.” Really! And you have time to visit the sports bars every week.

2.      Being informed.I have a TV so I can watch the news to stay informed.” You mean uninformed on something you can’t do anything about it.

3.      Investing.I don’t have the money to invest.” Wow! And you eat out at least once a week!

4.      Friends.I already have plenty of friends.” And how many are real friends?

5.      Money.Money is not important to me.”  Really! And you work at a job you hate for money you don’t have.

6.      Time management.I don’t have a calendar so I am sure to have time to do what is really important to me.” Are you living by your priorities or your obligations?

7.      Advice.My cousin tried something like that and it didn’t work for him.”  Are you getting advice from those with the results you want?
 
Can you detect the lies in each rationalization?

Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment