Excusitis is the real killer disease!
1. Never make excuses. The moment we make excuses we become victims. Most of the reasons people give for not pursuing their dreams and goals are pure excuses not reasons. The reasons from doing great things in life are found in our excuses. Example – the reason I cannot do something new is - I don’t have time and money. Those are precisely the reasons you need to do something different if you ever want to have time and money. Doing the same old things and expecting different results is pure insanity.
2. Control your attitude. Every morning we have a choice about the attitude we embrace for that day. Embrace a positive uplifting attitude every day. Who wants to be around someone with a sour attitude?
3. Respond. Life is all about how we respond than what happens to us. The secret to a great life is found in the seconds between stimulus and response. Get this nugget and apply it and you will live a great life. Animals react, not wise people like you.
4. Don’t curse. Never curse obstacles; they may be a blessing in disguise. Never let your circumstances define who you are. Be not at the mercy of your circumstances.
5. Be a problem solver. Identify problems then focus on finding solutions. People that change the world are the fastest from problem identified to problem solved.
6. Re-frame. Leaders are great at re-framing their life events by seeing the positive in them. Take advantage of what happens to and in you. Never waste a crisis.
7. Control your thoughts. Negative thoughts are like a noxious weed seeds, never let them germinate in your mind and grow with deep roots. And, in case they germinate, it is easy to pull them while they are young and tender.
Let me know if you need treatment for excusitis, the killer disease. I have a very effective
tool to pull those noxious weeds out of your garden of life.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)