1. Painful truth. Discomfort and pain are always pre-requisites for lasting success. However, unresolved conflicts kill. Let go of hurts and pains. Hurting people hurt people. Watch for those train wrecks coming right at you. Watch for their piercing swards.
2. Priorities. Things that matter most should never be at the mercy of things that matter least. Once you know where and why you are going all decisions become easier to make. We only start living once we have a clear mission, purpose, and dreams.
3. Dish it off. Become good at making “stop doing” lists. Most of us keep adding things to our plates, why not start taking things off our plates instead?
4. Be solution minded. Effective people are not problems but opportunities and solutions minded! Deal with problems squarely fast by focusing on the solutions. Care less about the cause of the problems and more about the solutions.
5. Do something. In this life a person has to do at least 3 things: plant a tree, raise a child and write a book. History is only kind to those who write it.
6. Be positive. Choose to have a positive influence in the lives of people. Make friends, find needs, and help them meet those needs. Make friends on the way up, you may need on your way down.
7. Association is important. Spend more time with people who help you to get better. Run from people who attack you. You can not gain anything from the attacks of critics. You can start to get better today!
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)