Do you have what it takes?
1. Uncompromised. Never compromise your dreams for what is immediately available. Delay gratification to have a bountiful harvest.
2. Giving. Unconditional giving is giving without expectation of returned benefits. Be a giver of hope in a hopeless world.
3. Spirit. Develop a kindred spirit. Live your spirituality.
4. Friendship. Befriend your enemies especially your inner ones. Learn from your enemies, especially what not to do.
5. Grace. Be merciful with everyone including yourself. Be a giver of grace to those in need. Grow in empathy.
6. Compassion. Joy is hidden in compassion. Be compassionate to others.
7. Joy. True joy can also be found in fragility and mortality. Show your humanity.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)