Truth is sweet to the ears
Results in life are not cheap but the price is worth paying for!
1. Seek wisdom. When wisdom enters the heart knowledge becomes pleasant to the soul. Wisdom is shown from your results in life coming from the application of knowledge.
2. Take charge. Complaining is the symptom of a deep infection of negativity. Usually the things people complain the most about are the things they are doing. Sounds crazy, complaining about one’s weaknesses and inadequacies? Yes, and people do it all the time without even ralizing that others know what they are doing.
3. Eliminate limiting beliefs. When you defend your limiting beliefs they become your reality. Listen to people with the results you want in life. Why would anyone listen to someone with broken thinking and no results? Yet a lot of people do.
4. Love them anyway. Love people and people will eventually love what they do. The paradoxical commandments say it all about the crazyness of dealing with people. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love people anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. People really need help but may attack you if you help them. Help people anyway. Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
5. Self-deception comes from the fear of change. We only change when the pain to stay the same is greater than the pain to change. It is a lot easier to complain, blame, criticize, or condemn, then to take a look at the mirror and change. Self-deception is the enemy of significance.
6. Perform a daily attitude check. The reason for failure is not the lack of talent but poor attitude. A great attitude comes from gratitude.
7. Keep the bucks. When you pass the buck your leadership goes with it. Leadership is character in motion. Leadership is not given it is taken. Leadership is not for the faint hearted or the mentally weak. At any moment you may be called to lead. Are you ready to lead? If so welcome to the world of leadership.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)