Freedom is sacred; freedom is not free. Freedom requires sacrifice. Sacrifice results in the production of sacred things!
1. Stop whining. Winners get better and whiners get bitter. Winners never quit and quitters never win because they whine about their own lack of courage. Have the courage to overcome your obstacles. Is there anything worse than seeing a healthy person whining, complaining, and criticizing? Why don’t they dump their garbage on their own backyard? Whiners make problems bigger and are very good at creating new problems too. Recognize whiners and run from them. Run, run, run!.
2. Get on the road. Pain and rejection come to those on the road to greatness. The road to success is paved with rejection and obstacles. The road to failure is full of disguised excuses. Accept rejection as part of learning on how to deal with challenges. The future belongs to the brave not the whiners!
3. No pain no gain. Pain is the key factor to dignity, humility, and creativity. There is no growth without pain. Endure the pain and little by little you will be enduring a level of pain others will never be able to withstand. One of the biggest problems with people is their lack of accurate self-evaluation. Self-deception and leadership never go together!
4. Freedom is sacred. At the moment we settle for security we stop pursuing excellence and give up freedom. Never chase security; chase freedom instead. How good is it to squander your time in the pursuit of lesser things? Be encouraged and you will overcome. Be known for your bravery. The world is begging for freedom fighters!
5. Leverage your strengths. We can all grow out of our sense of inferiority. We all feel inferior at something. Focus on expanding your strengths first and then deal with your weaknesses. It is impossible to erase our old programing. Create new pathways in your brain with the right programing. Store new programs on top of the old ones! Be bright, be bold, and be brave!
6. Be productive. Imagine our productivity if we do our work with the same zest we do our favorite hobby? So why don’t you? Are you following the mediocre majority? Over half of the employees just go through their daily grind. They are not fully engaged in their daily drudgery. Chase your dreams and the zest for life will show up!
7. Think BIG. The size of your achievements will eventually catch up to the size of your dreams. Are your dreams bigger than your obstacles and circumstances? Make your dreams bigger than your obstacles so you never lose sight of your dreams. Never let excuses sneak in and steal your dreams. Dream wide, dream deep, and dream big!
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in America? Pass these nuggets on to others.We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)