The Dream Chaser
What is the purpose of living if not to pursue your dreams? Be a dream chaser instead of being a career or business chaser. You will never catch a dream you don’t have. Follow dream chasers and you can become one!
1. Surround yourself with the right people. Negative people are not good judges of your potential. Nothing positive comes out of negativity. Why should you be the container for other people’s garbage?
2. Get beyond your limitations. You will only go beyond your limitations when pursuing your dreams. Dreams provide the fuel to propel your rocket engine.
3. Be a slave to your dreams. Never become a slave to someone else’s dream. A job should be the means to achieve your goals and dreams. Look at people doing what you are doing for 5 or 10 years longer than you. Are they living their goals and dreams? If not, chances are you will not achieve your either.
4. Let your passions and talents guide you. Your dreams will do that for you. What is burning inside you that you need to let go of the brakes? Be in the minority of people who are working on their calling. If you are going through the daily grind, even pursuing a career, have you ever thought about chasing your dreams and goals instead? Work turns into pleasure when you are chasing your dreams and goals.
5. Lead your life first. Start leading your life instead of just getting by. How can you lead others if you cannot lead yourself? Imagine getting advice on financial planning from a financial planner that has no financial plans of his own. The world is full of people teaching others what to do without bearing fruits on their own trees. Perform the fruit check!
6. Dreams have consequences. Purpose>Dream>Strategy>Action>Results>Self-worth>Net worth (in that order). What does your balance sheet tell you? Are your assets greater than your liabilities? What is your portfolio of assets and liabilities? Are you an accumulator of assets or liabilities? The greatest asset of all is you. What % of your income are you investing in you?
7. Decide to change. Dreams are the catalysts for us to make important changes in our lives. When the pain to stay the same is great than the pain to change, we change. THe pain of regret is awful. Never waste a struggle. Use setbacks and struggles to learn and grow and be the rocket pad for the take off towards your dreams and goals.
You can be part of the needed leadership revolution by sharing these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)