It is your life
1. Nothing happens without a dream first. Whatever you can dream, picture, and believe with emotions, you can achieve. Leverage the right emotions.
2. Raise expectations. You can only get what you expect from self and others. Know what you want. You will never hit a target you don't have.
3. What’s in your core? Our outer world is a reflection of our inner world. We project onto others who we are at our core. Be a better you.
4. Do you want to take control of your life? Then control your thoughts and emotions. Out of control emotions cause more damage than a runaway truck loaded with explosives.
5. Make it happen. Letting life just go on, life becomes a series of random accidents before a big crash. Avoid the crash by focusing on what is right in front of you and what is ahead of you.
6. It is your life. You are completely responsible for who you are, for whom you become and for what you achieve in life. Go for something that matters.
7. Go for it. No one is coming to rescue you; you must swim to the ship to claim your treasure. Are you fit for the long swim? A life of adventure is the only life I want to live. How about you?
You can be part of the needed leadership revolution by sharing these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)