Will you lead?
Never in our history there has been a bigger need for leaders.
When the going gets tough the tough gets going. Leaders produce fruit, lots of it!
Will you take a stance and choose to lead?
Here are 7 nuggets for you to get going:
1. Make decisions. The ability to make great decisions and act accordingly is the key to great leadership. Decisions compound over time. Make great decisions once and manage them.
2. Face reality. Leaders see the world as it is and face reality. Non-leaders live illusionary lives.
3. Use power effectively. Power flows to those who can effectively use it for a worthy cause. Followers tap into their leaders for power since great leaders give away power instead of hoarding power.
4. Realize the vision. Leaders have a burning desire to realize their vision. Vision is extremely important. Where there is no vision people perish. A great leader casts the vision so others can see the direction of where the community is heading towards. Great leaders clear the path for others to follow. The leader’s fuel is passion and commitment to realize their visions.
5. Radiate confidence. Leaders radiate confidence in order to achieve their goals and dreams. The radiance of a leader is seen by the leader’s posture and confidence.
6. Inspire others. Leaders inspire their followers by being sensitive and aware of their needs, feelings and motivations. People don’t care how much a leader knows, people follow a leader that cares about the people.
7. Turn rejection into positive energy. Leaders quickly bounce back from setbacks, failures, and disappointments. The great works of a leader is always polarizing. Some people will love and some people will despise. A leader that has a community of lukewarm people is not a leader; he is mediocre at best.
You can be part of the needed leadership revolution by sharing these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)