Knowing and not doing is not knowing!
1. Do you know what you don’t know? There is so much we don’t know. Could what we don’t know be hurting us? Know what you don't know.
2. Do you know what you need to know? Much of what we know is not so. Know what you don’t know.
3. Do you know what you know? If you know and don’t do you don’t really know. Knowing and not doing is not knowing. Know what you do know.
4. How much do you know that you don’t even know? Imagine knowing so much you don’t even know all that you know. Don't know what you know. The wise call this stage wisdom.
5. What are you doing to continuously educate yourself? Self-education is the only true education. Self-education is going to school majoring in life (living intentionally for excellence) to learn what matters most at the expense of what matters least.
6. Are you consistently learning and leveraging a proven system of self-education? If the system you are following is not working plug in one that does. Why not have wise people instead of credentialists choose the curriculum for our self-education?
7. What separates the champions from the masses? Champions are voracious readers, independent thinkers, ingenious doers, and have the right scorecard to improve their performance. Everyone can be a champion in life. How many can be champions in sports?
Solutions rarely come from within the establishment!
Solutions come when we put:
1. Brains over muscle,
2. Wisdom over intellect,
3. Freedom over security,
4. Community over government,
5. Entrepreneurship over employment,
6. Work over jobs,
7. Excellence over mediocrity.
You are free to share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)