Success Is Predictable
Wake up and smell the coffee.
The principles of success have been known for centuries no matter what economic age we are in. Here are a few for you to think and reflect upon.
1. Have a big dream and believe in yourself and your dream. A dream only becomes real when it is written down and burned into your brain. Define clearly the results you want and immerse yourself in the endeavor that will produce those results. Who will believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself?
2. Have a positive uplifting attitude. Shut yourself off by listening to people with fruit in their trees. Read and study the books recommended by people with the results that you want. Who wants to be around a downer?
3. Hang around people that are better than you and have what you want. Ask for and follow their counsel. Wealth is a byproduct of our thinking, unfortunately so is poverty. Learn to think how they do. Be faithful to the few if you want to be blessed with the many. Don’t you want what successful people have?
4. Have the courage to change. No change no pain and no pain no gain. Do you think you can take your old self to a bright new future?
5. Have the courage to succeed. The opportunities are right in front of you. Can you recognize them?
6. Welcome and deal with adversity. You will find plenty of adversity in your journey. The most common failure is quitting. Are you willing to do the work necessary to succeed? What else can make you better than dealing with adversity?
7. Never, ever quit. Persist to the end. Have you ever seen a statue of a quitter?
How did you like the list? Did these nuggets get you going? Success comes to those that are willing to go after it following proven principles. What are you waiting for? Yes, it can be too late. When you are in the death bed is it too late. We are only old when our regrets are bigger than our dreams.
Prepare, do the work, and be patient. At some point the circumstances will change in your favor. Follow those that are swimming against the current and help them change the direction of the current. There is no lasting success without sacrifice and temporary defeat.
There is a point in our lives that we have to ask if the vehicle we have will gets us where we want to go. There is a point in our lives where we have to shut ourselves up and listen to those with the results we want. Are we there yet? Run with all you got. You will not remember the shots people took at you, but I can assure you will remember your victories. Think of success as a reward for all your setbacks. Above all, remember that God never picks superstars to do His works because His delays are not His denials. First, He has to do the work in you before He can help you to do the work outside you.
You are free to share these nuggets with others if you feel others need to read today's nuggets. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)