The Information Age
The main problem with the information age is too much information, the excess crud. The most valuable lesson from the information age is the high value of the right information. As a matter of fact, it is difficult to find the right information in the midst of so much noise. The right information is becoming rare. And because it is rare it is valuable; therefore, worth paying for it. Yet most people want great information for free. So why pay for good information? The reason is simply because it is worth it. The right information starts a chain reaction. Here are the chain reactions:
1. The right information leads to the right thinking. Another way to state it - the right thinking comes from the right information. Are you getting the right information from the right sources? If not, check your sources and get information from those that have the right thinking.
2. The right thinking leads to the right actions. Another way to state it - the right actions come from the right thinking. Are your actions coming from the right thinking? If not, go back a step and change your thinking.
3. The right actions lead to the right results. The right results come from the right actions. Are your results coming from the right actions? If not, go back a step and take the right actions.
4. The right results lead to the right habits. The right habits come from the right results. Are your habits coming from your results? If not, go back a step and until you get the right results.
5. The right habits lead to the right character. The right character comes from the right habits. Is your character coming from the right habits? If not, go back a step and develop the right habits.
6. The right character leads to the right destiny. The right destiny comes from the right character. Is your destiny coming from your character? If not, go back a step and work on your character.
7. The right destiny leads to the right legacy. Our destiny is our legacy. The right legacy comes from the right destiny. A great legacy leaves a positive ripple effect. Is your legacy coming from your destiny? If not, go a step back and work on you destiny.
We are leaving the information age and have entered into the conceptual age, the entrepreneurial age or the entrepreneurial community age. If we ignore the new economic age, because we are close-minded or unwilling to change, then wealth will most definitely ignore us. No wonder so few people get to the end of the chain. What step are you at? There is no short cut to leaving a legacy!
What is your legacy? What do you want to be remembered by?
You are free to share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)