Lead by Duty
This coming from Mr. Positivity?
We arrived at a point in America we need to lead by duty. Leading by example is no longer enough! We have the duty to protect and preserve our nation for future generations. This is the first time in our history where our children will inherit a country much weaker than we found economically, morally, spiritually, and politically. The current must change!
Wouldn't you like to think the best days for America are ahead and not behind us?
Are we another imploding Roman Empire? The enemy is definitely within. The enemy is big brother that keeps getting bigger and bigger and enslaving little brothers. We can notice the mediocrity that has purposely spread across the land!
1. All of us have been called to serve. Have you felt compelled to lead yet, to do something to change the current of mediocrity swapping the land?
2. Learn how to choose great leaders and follow them. Who are you following? Do they have the character, the results, and are they willing to invest in you?
3. A true leader is armed with love and truth. How much ammunition do you have? Will your ammunition to the job?
4. Emulate the character, conduct, mannerism of your leader. What traits are you seeking for yourself? Can you easily see them in your leaders?
5. Spend time with leaders, listen, and follow their counsel. What percent of your time are you investing in your leadership? What tools are you using to learn, grow, and apply what you learn?
6. Stand up and stand behind your leader. Are you willing to take the bullets when they start flying? Is your leader willing to take the bullets for you?
7. The enemy is ready to attack. We must step up and out and start doing something significant with our lives. Are you willing to stand out of the crowd? Are you willing to go against the current and persist until the current changes in your favor?
No matter whom you are. You can make a difference, a big difference, if you lead by duty like our armed forces have done and our founding fathers did.
You are free to share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)