1. The best way to celebrate life is by living intentionally for excellence. Dealing with reality is part of growing up. Getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
2. A mentor is the most trusted person in your life. The time a mentor invests in you is truly a PRICELESS gift. Take a mentor’s counsel seriously.
3. Give up the convenient to have the sacred. Do what others are unwilling to do so you can have what they will never have. Be defined by who you are and not by what you do!
4. You have nothing to prove anyone if you are running away from the masses. If you do what others do you will get what they get, not much. Are you getting trained to be dependent on someone else or on your ability to take responsibility?
5. Best time is in your life occurs between a great idea and when the world recognizes it. The world is full of great ideas. Are you willing to immerse into your idea like your life depended on it?
6. Learn and grow and help others do the same. Meet people where they are at. However, love them enough to tell them the truth the right way.
7. Live a transparent life so others can be transformed by seeing through you. If you want to lead others be who you really are. Be human!
You are free to share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)