We are the product of our thinking, our decisions, and our choices.
Male by birth, man by choice! Where have all the men gone? Complacent no more!
Today, January 25, 2014, I do hereby declare, by the power conferred to me as a common citizen of this great land, Manhood Day. We had our feminist movement, is it time we choose to start a manhood movement?
1. Choose dreaming over settling. The day we stop dreaming is the day we start dying!
2. Choose freedom over security. The greatest risk is not taking risk!
3. Choose education over training. Education gives you a life, training gives you a living!
4. Choose investing over frivolous spending. The wealthy invest in assets, the poor spend in liabilities.
5. Choose being a producer over being an exploiter. Producers protect freedom, exploiters kill freedom!
6. Choose excellence over mediocrity. Why mediocre minds attack the character of those pursuing excellence? Drop a comment if you know the answer.
7. Choose faith over fear. We don’t lack intelligence we lack faith! Faith shrinks fear.
One individual can make a difference. History is full of examples.
If you are a man thank you for sharing these nuggets with other men in your social circles. Love your woman because she needs your love.
If you are a woman, support your man and please share these nuggets with other women in your network. Respect your man because he needs your respect.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)