Why Do the Mighty Fall?
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Apply what you learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Why the giants fall?
The Greek, the Roman, the British, and now the American empires all fall for similar reasons. What follows applies to individuals, families, communities, companies, and countries alike.
When self-interest goes over principles, short term takes over long term thinking, immediate over delayed gratification, the blind starts leading the blind.
So here are the nuggets on the giants fall:
1. Become financially weak by overspending and excessive borrowing. The printing press gets busy issuing fiat money.
2. Expand beyond capabilities. There is insatiable hunger for size, control, and power.
3. Inflexibility and slow response to others and society. Burro rats and politicians rule.
4. Decaying work ethics. The entitlement mentality by the masses and a desire to live from the state. The mob takes over. “Feed us and entertain us.”
5. Cultural, moral, spiritual, and social decline. Ignorance of history and literature.
6. Infallibility mindset. “It won’t happen to us syndrome.”
7. Lack of vision and supporting culture. Divisiveness, pride, arrogance, and apathy. Compromise freedoms for security. “I don’t want to do anything that jeopardizes my job or my pension.”
Is it going to happen in America under our watch? You can bet on it will if a shift in leadership does not take place, and very soon that is.
What are you doing to protect and preserve our freedoms?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)