Are you listening to your critics? The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Apply what you learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Positive criticism has its place. However, there is a difference criticizing and being a critic. It’s like the difference between failing and being a failure. We all have critics. If you don’t have critics take it as sign you are living a mediocre life. The only value of a critic is that we can prove them wrong.
Are you taking advice from your critics?
Are your critics helping you move forward or backwards?
Have you ever seen a statue of a critic?
What is a critic anyway?
Critics are very special creatures with the following traits:
1. Critics love to think and talk about themselves.
2. Critics want to be recognized and appreciated and they get upset when they don’t.
3. Critics never forget what they do for others.
4. Critics are suspicious of everyone else.
5. Critics love when the attention goes to them.
6. Critics are jealous, envious, and conceited.
7. Critics only trust themselves.
So why let critics influence your future? Don't let them.
Critics can actually energize us if we convert their negativity into positive energy. Having critics is a sign you are doing the right things.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)