The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life. Here you will learn the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Remember, success has no age!
Success is a choice and continuous self-directed education is a choice. The knowledge is free; its application is your choice. Application of knowledge is what leads to lasting success. Apply what you learn here and share with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Enjoy today’s nuggets on living by your priorities.
Most people live by their obligations instead of their priorities; thus the reason for people to be so busy. The world crowds us with unnecessary things.
The key question to ask ourselves is “what am I so busy about?”
Busyness just gets us tired, not where we want to go.
Our priorities must come from our purpose, mission, vision, and values in life.
What is the compass, the GPS that guides your priorities?
Here are 7 nuggets for reflection on priorities:
1. Successful people live by their priorities not their obligations. If time is the most important resource we have then we must guard our time as if it were a real treasure.
2. Faith in God and love for country ought to come before all other priorities. Let’s get this priority right. Eternity is a long time to be wrong! How would you like to lived in a Godless country ruled by a dictator?
3. The better we set and live by priorities in our lives, the more freedom we have. We can get our time back by investing time in the right priorities instead of spending time in our obligations.
4. Important vs urgent. Missing friend’s wedding is less important than being there for their marriage. Friends need us more during their marriage than during their wedding.
5. Making good decisions and managing those decisions (example - financial decisions) is very important. Money is not the most important thing but in order of priorities it ranks just below oxygen.
6. Building quality relationships ought to be up there in our priorities. Everything boils down to relationships, be it at work or at home, be it in business or charity.
7. Consistency in living the right priorities is what others look for in a leader. People are begging for leaders to follow so they can see a living example to emulate.
Are you living by your priorities or your obligations?
Build your live on a rock solid foundation.
What are the pillars upon which you are building your life?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)