How Deep Are Your Roots?
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Deep inside every great person there is a deep tap root sustaining a great character. If we don’t know our roots how can we know what sustains us, what makes us strong when we are hit by the storms of life? It’s easy to know where we are going if we know where our strength comes from.
Deep, strong and healthy roots are important to:
1. Withstand the storms of life. Storms are certain to come. We are all tested by the winds of life.
2. Provide nourishment during the droughts. Deep roots reach for the unique minerals deep in the earth.
3. Provide protection for others. It’s our duty to help the weak.
4. Produce tasty fruit. Provide results and example for others. By the fruit we shall know the tree.
5. Provide shade for others to rest. Be the respite for others to come.
6. Produce oxygen for the world. Allow others to breathe fresh air.
7. Provide beauty for others to enjoy. Contribute to the scenery in your neck of the woods.
The quality of our roots determines the quality of our lives!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)