The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Apply what you learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Attitude is a quality of the mind. Attitude is a choice; a daily.
Why is attitude so important?
Here are 7 nuggets about attitude:
1. Attitude is a choice. People like to be around people with a consistently positive uplifting attitude.
2. Attitude determines your altitude. It is impossible to rise above yourself and you can only do it with a positive attitude. People with a negative attitude have stinking thinking.
3. Be aware of attitude traps. Your circumstances and the negativity around you can trap you into a negative attitude. Refuse to join the petty party. Catch yourself and re-frame to redirect your thinking.
4. Attitude is action. A positive attitude leads to positive actions and positive results.
5. Perform regular attitude checks. Attitude requires ongoing preventive maintenance.
6. Results can change your attitude. If not happy about the results, change the attitude toward the results, ask questions and learn. Improve the results and your attitude will improve.
7. Resolve to have the attitude of a champion. Have the attitude of “I will until …” Tenacity and persistence are the key to an uplifting attitude.
Have an attitude of gratitude. Be thankful you have a positive attitude towards yourself and towards others.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)