Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Are You Edgy and Thorny or Smooth and Soft?

The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Apply what you learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.



Over time we can all develop traits that become liabilities to ourselves and those around us. Knowing our flaws is the key to start the process of correcting them.

No matter how rough our edges and thorns are we can always work on them to improve the quality of our relationships.


Here are a few questions for us to reflect and ponder on:
1.      Are my edges rough or are they smooth?
2.      Do I have thorns that sting others or can others touch me?
3.      Am I sharp, inflexible, and punctuating or am I gentle and flexible?
4.      Am I prickly and touchy or sturdy and strong?
5.      Are my colors vivid and bright or am I dull and boring?
6.      Am I green and growing or ripe and rotting?
7.      Are there fruits on my tree or just branches and foliage?


Knowing and not doing is not knowing! 

Applied information turns into knowledge. Applied knowledge turns into experience. Reflected experience turns into wisdom.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)

Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment