The 7 Fundamentals of Leadership
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Apply what you learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Today we take a close look at the 7 FUN-damentals of Leadership:
1. Be First in Being Yourself. Be a genuine example. Be the best in being who you were created to be.
2. Be Foremost Committed to Excellence. Strive to be the best you can be by always having a stretch vision you are moving towards.
3. Be Focused on Being Positive. Be faithfully positive all the time. Nothing productive ever comes out of negativity, besides people do a better job copying our negative traits than our positive ones.
4. Be Ferociously Prepared. Master the fundamentals and details alike.
5. Be Forever Accountable for Your Results. Excusitis is a contagious disease. The hardest thing for a leader is to explain the poor results.
6. Be Firm and Fair. Stand up for what you stand for and believe.
7. Be Flexible and Visionary. Be like a reed, willing to bend but not break. See close with your eyes and far with your mind.
Do the above and your leadership will emerge.
Let the scoreboard show you leadership.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)